When it come to tea times during the week, we occasionally find ourselves stuck in a bit of a rut. The Little Bs eat together but Hubby B and I will eat later on. Although on the weekends we can be more creative and cook nice family meals together, busy routines on weekdays usually see me making the same things over and over. A break in routine is always good, especially when it comes to encouraging good eating habits and encouraging the Little B's to try new things. One meal in our 'cycle' is this noodle dish and it is so quick and easy. I thought I would share it in the hope that you will give it a go and perhaps comment below with some suggestions for things I could add to my repertoire of dinners.
How to make quick and easy noodles with sausage and broccoli:
- Cook 2 sausages in a pan and drain off the excess fat if any.
- Chop up the sausages into bite size pieces and keep in the frying pan (heat off).
- Steam or par boil two portions of broccoli and chop into bite size pieces.
- Boil your preferred amount of medium egg noodles.
- Turn your frying pan back on to heat up and put in the broccoli and noodles. There should be enough oil from the sausages.
- To make the dish extra tasty I add a spoon of a barbecue marinade but you could use a little stir fry sauce, tomato puree with a dash of water; whatever your children like. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Dish up and watch your little ones enjoy.
The Little B's love to get involved in picking what they have for tea and we often enjoy preparing it together. Not all the time though; sometimes Mamma's just got to get on! We do have a selection of dishes we choose from like these mini muffin pizzas or sometimes if its a supper after a late pick up from nursery they might have some pancakes with fruits and yoghurt.
I would like to get some fresh ideas though. What is your favourite tea to serve up your little ones? Do they like to get involved in choosing what they have?
Follow Mrs Crafty B