Back in January, the lovely Hannah of Make, Do and Push, nominated me for the Liebster Award. For reasons which you all know of, I didn't blog much in the last couple of months but I'm ready to do this now so here it is.
So here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I'm a bit slap-dash. A little all over the place. A bit forgetful. But I always get things done and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. My own worst critic.
2. I once stopped Hubby B from getting Sean Bean's autograph because I didn't want him to interrupt his breakfast. We were eating breakfast in the back room of a VERY quiet Sheffield pub and one of Hubby's acquaintances came through the back door with his Uncle. His Uncle stood over us looking at pictures on the wall whilst we chatted and then sat a couple of tables away. After I declared my dismay at being leant over during breakfast, Hubby decided he should tell me who the 'Uncle' was. I wasn't really that in awe. I just wanted to eat my breakfast. We said hello when we left though. He was having a fag outside.
3. I have a degree in Linguistics with Heritage Studies. I applied to train as a speech and language therapist but I didn't get onto the course. I've never reapplied but maybe one day in the future..
4. My late paternal Grandad owned the last 'traditional' sweet shop in Luton. Complete with the big tubs of pineapple and cola cubes! He used to live above the shop and his front room was just behind the counter. When we visited I used to sit in the tall till chair and press the buttons on the till and help serve the customers.
5. I am a huge organisation freak and I love a bit of a sort out and a bit of filing! I also have a bit of a love of stationery...but let's not go into that one.
6. I'm a spring chicken. I love the start of Autumn but then I go into a sort of unmotivated, hibernating type state of mind. When the spring comes and the sun shines, I am happy and bouncy and motivated and spend every day out and about. I love it.
7. I love people. Even when they annoy me. I love to analysis people and figure out why they are the way they are. I love to help people in any way I can even if they aren't very grateful. I think experience makes people and people make their experience in this life what it is.
8. The world confuses me. I don't understand unkind acts. I want to take over the world with a 'Just be Kind' campaign.
9. I'm frightened of spiders and black holes. I don't think this needs anymore explaining.
10. I don't like the concept of hobby. A hobby is consider to be something you enjoy doing in your free time. I thing all of our time should be spent doing things we enjoy.
11. I'm a bit obsessed with professionalism and customer service. Ok. A LOT obsessed. My working background is customer and client focussed and I think this should be the focus of EVERY service. Including staff in shops who treat customers like dirt. Put a smile on your face and treat everyone with kindness and respect. If not because you are paid to do so then because you are a decent human being. (Even if the customer isn't very nice YOU still can be.)
Here are the 11 questions set for me by Hannah:
1. What is your favourite colour and why?
My favourite colour is green. It reminds me of spring and the outdoors, new life and freshness. It's a great background for any colour. Just look at all the pretty flowers in the grass!
2. Which three guests would you invite to your fantasy dinner party (can be dead or alive)?
Difficult one. It would have to be Frank Sinatra (no explanation required), Michael Buble (what a laugh) and the Queen (inspiring).
3. If you could be someone else for the day who would you be?
Mmm I'd love to say someone influential like the Queen or Prime Minister but I don't know if I could take the pressure and to be perfectly honest, I'm happy just being me. Although if I was Prime Minister I could introduce 'The Kindness Campaign' and penalties for those who don't follow the rules! Could I do that in a day?
4. Where is your "happy place"?
With my husband and son. Wherever we are.
5. What is your most treasured possession?
In the past, I would have probably have said a locket that was given to me by my late Grandad, but nowadays I try not to place too much value on material things. This has come from the reigning in of my hoarding and becoming so content with the most important people in my life. I would like to think that if I lost all material possession I would still have what I treasure the most in my little family.
6. What is your favourite blog post that you've written?
My first ever blog post. It represents my starting something that is just for me, the way I want it. It is my little world to create and share as I please.
7. What is your biggest regret?
I don't believe in regret.
8. What is your greatest achievement?
Baby B. Going from a depressive teen with a broken family to the amazing, happy life I lead now with my hubby and my boy will always be my biggest achievement but Baby B marks the completion of that turn around. Not to say there won't be more additions with another little one on the way!
9. Red, white or rose wine?
How am I suppose to answer this. All of them. Different occasions. A warm summer evening calls for white or rose right? An evening in front of the TV calls for red. I've no favourite. Can't do it. No answer. Fail.
10. What is your favourite book?
Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell. Everybody must read this book.
11. What five words would you use to sum you up?
Enthusiastic, unassuming, talkative, sprightly and obliging
Here are the 11 blogger that I am nominating. I couldn't see how many followers some of you had so apologies if you have more than 300 or if you have already been nominated.
1. tangerine trees and marmalade skies
2. The diary of a Novice Crafter
3. Scott Dykes
4. Mummy Bee Knows Best
5. Virtual Rhiality
6. Bead it and Weep
7. Rebecca Scambler
8. Just The Way We Want To
9. Mama Owl
10. Christmas Pie Crafts
11. The view from here
Here are your questions.
1. What is your favourite food or cuisine?
2. Which is your favourite season and why?
3. Who or what inspires you in life?
4. What have you achieved today?
5. What is your favourite word?
6. If you could pack a bag today and fly to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
7. What's your favourite song?
8. What is you biggest achievement in life so far?
9. If you could gift any person with anything, who and what would it be and why?
10. What one word best describes you?
11. What is your most memorable experience?
Mrs Crafty B